Project Inspection/Materials Testing
PDC (formerly R&M) has been providing Project Inspection and Construction Materials Testing services since 1969. Our laboratory is a full service soils, asphalt and concrete test lab in Southeast Alaska. Our equipment is state-of-the-art to perform tests in accordance with American Standard Testing and materials (ASTM), ADOT/PF and other applicable standards.
Our service capabilities in Inspection and Materials testing include, but are not limited to:
- On-site Construction Inspection: Field densities;
- Concrete: Batch Plant, Pre-stress/Post Tension, Concrete Field Sampling;
- Structural Steel: Bolting, Erection, Welding;
- Asphalt: Hot Asphalt Pavement Laydown Inspection;
- Soils: Gradation, Lab Densities, Moisture Content, Plasticity, Classifications, LA Abrasion Degradation;
- Concrete: Compressive Strength, Mix Design;
- Asphalt: Mix Design, Asphalt Content, Gradation, MSG Rice Density, Compaction;
- Non-Destructive Testing (NOT): Dye Penetrant, In-place Concrete Strength.